Are you a Typist/Secretary, on the lookout for a new role?
Clancy Consulting is a well-respected multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy, that has been an organically growing owner-managed business for nearly 50 years. We have claimed numerous awards including ones for sustainability and more recently have been shortlisted for best UK business performance for medium-sized business. The culture at Clancy Consulting is built on our shared core values – Culture of Excellence, Respect for People and Honesty and Ethics.
Key Role and Responsibilities
Due to our ongoing success, we have a great opportunity for an experienced Typist/Secretary to join our team. You will provide typing and administrative support to the Engineers and Office Manager. This is a busy role that requires attention to detail, flexibility, and organisation, to prioritise your workload effectively to meet deadlines.
- Audio/copy typing of reports and general correspondence.
- Proofread documents and suggest amendments.
- Monthly invoicing procedures.
- Responding to email requests / providing support and assistance to Engineers.
- Taking minutes.
- Liaising with external bodies, including completing forms and following up on them to ensure promised timescales are met.
- Dealing with telephone queries, taking messages, or transferring calls to appropriate individuals.
- Arranging travel, accommodation, associated travel documentation and managing change for the person(s) travelling.
- Scheduling appointments including managing internal diaries and liaising with others outside of Clancy regarding diary appointments.
- Organising social events, arranging lunches and Business Development meetings.
- Organising and maintaining files (electronic / paper).
- Responding to client and colleague enquiries.
- Completing forms in accordance with company procedures.
- Ensuring ISO 9001 and IS0 14001 are adhered to, reviewing random projects to check information is in place.
- Utilise the bespoke management database system.
- Developing and implementing administrative systems.
- Routine clerical and administrative tasks.
- Working with other members of the admin teams to ease workload peaks and troughs.
- Reception cover.
- Fast and accurate audio and copy typing skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Proficient in the use of Office based tools as Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and Adobe etc.
- Highly organised.
We are a unique business that recognises the importance of balance and how it not only benefits the employee but also the wider business. We encourage members of staff to get involved with company, charity, and sports events, and believe that it is imperative to enjoy your career.
The salary is competitive within the industry and will reflect your experience and qualifications. In conjunction with your salary, you will also receive the following benefits:
- 30 days annual leave including Bank Holidays, increasing with length of service.
- Offices are closed over Christmas.
- Pension contribution.
- Bi-annual performance related bonus.
- Flexible pay scheme (ability to buy extra holidays).
- Death in service scheme.
- Income protection scheme.
- Spa Medical (medical service employee wellness program).
- Professional Membership (2 per year).
- Agile Working.
- Free eye test vouchers.
- Cycle to work Scheme.
- Dress down Fridays.
- Branded PPE.
- Personal fleece and water bottle.
You will play a key role in our future development and expansion in a multi-disciplinary environment. For more information or to apply for the role please send your CV to our HR team at email@example.com