Structural Engineer – Structural Survey Department
Are you a Structural Engineer looking for the next step in your career? Is project variety important to you?
Clancy Consulting is a well-respected multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy, that has been an organically growing owner-managed business for nearly 50 years. We have claimed numerous awards including ones for sustainability and more recently have been shortlisted for the Best UK Consultancy.
At Clancy, whether individually or collectively we are guided by our values. They are the driving force of our culture, and it is important that everyone who joins us, can relate to them. Our values are:
Culture of Excellence, Respect for People and Honesty and Ethics.
We believe that these values can lead to a flourishing working relationship, not only with our clients, but internally within the Clancy organisation.
Due to our ongoing success, we have a great opportunity for an experienced Structural Engineer to work with a small team specialising in structural surveys and forensic engineering.
Working across all sectors, you will be involved in a diverse range of projects where you will be required to apply a sound knowledge of design principles to help you to diagnose the cause of defects before designing a solution and then managing the repair process.
Projects can range from a simple structural survey on a domestic scale, to managing the survey of a large commercial or industrial premises over a period of several days or weeks, sometimes involving a multi-disciplined team of engineers who will look at not only the structure but also the general fabric as well as building services.
Although working predominantly in the Northwest, our Structural Survey Team are involved with projects across the country delivering excellence to our clients wherever and whenever they are needed.
Role and Responsibilities
- Apply knowledge of how the structure and fabric of buildings are put together, what can go wrong and how they can be affected by previous alterations and change of use.
- Use knowledge of a wide range of structural and building defects to educate decisions.Prepare and present well-detailed reports.
- Work independently and provide clear, concise, justified conclusions.
- Prepare structural calculations and drawings.
- Deliver multiple projects simultaneously and work either as part of a team or independently.
- Liaise with colleagues and construction professionals throughout the design and construction process.
- Offer leadership, mentoring and motivation to engineers.
- AutoCAD, Tekla, and Autodesk REVIT.
- BSc / B. Eng. or equivalent degree from an ICE approved course.
- Chartership on near with The Institution of Structural Engineers or equivalent.
- Have a full UK driving licence.
We are a unique business that recognise the importance of balance and how it not only benefits the employee but also the wider business. We encourage members of staff to get involved with company, charity, and sports events, and believe that it is imperative to enjoy your career.
The salary is competitive within the industry and will reflect your experience and qualifications. You will also receive the following benefits:
- 30 days annual leave including Bank Holidays, increasing with length of service.
- Offices are closed over Christmas.
- Pension contribution.
- Bi-annual performance related bonus.
- Flexible pay scheme (ability to buy extra holidays).
- Death in service scheme.
- Income protection scheme.
- Spa Medical (medical service employee wellness program).
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- Mental Health First Aider.
- Professional Membership (2 per year).
- Agile Working.
- Free eye test vouchers.
- Cycle to work Scheme.
- Dress down Fridays.
- Branded PPE.
- Personal fleece and water bottle.
You will play a key role in our future development and expansion in a multi-disciplinary environment. For more information or to apply for the role please send your CV and the completed application form (see below) to our HR team at email@example.com.