Senior Structural Engineer – Structural Survey department
Are you a Structural Engineer looking for the next step in your career? Is project variety important to you?
Clancy Consulting is a well-respected multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy, that has been an organically growing owner-managed business for nearly 50 years. We have claimed numerous awards including ones for sustainability and more recently have been shortlisted for best UK business performance for medium-sized business.
Due to our ongoing success, we have a great opportunity for an experienced Structural Engineer to work with a small team specialising in structural surveys and forensic engineering.
Working across all sectors, you will be involved in a diverse range of projects where you will be required to apply a sound knowledge of design principles to help you to diagnose the cause of defects before designing a solution and then managing the repair process.
Projects can range from a simple structural survey on a domestic scale, to managing the survey of a large commercial or industrial premises over a period of several days or weeks, sometimes involving a multi-disciplined team of engineers who will look at not only the structure but also the general fabric as well as building services.
Although working predominantly in the North West, our Structural Survey Team are involved with projects across the country delivering excellence to our Clients wherever and whenever they are needed.
Knowledge and Experience
- Thorough understanding of how the structure and fabric of buildings are put together, what can go wrong and how they can be affected by previous alterations and change of use
- Experience of a wide range of structural and building defects
- Practice of preparing and presenting well-detailed reports
- Be able to work independently and provide clear, concise, justified conclusions
- Full UK driving licence
- BSc / B.Eng or equivalent degree from an ICE approved course
- Chartership on near with The Institution of Structural Engineers or equivalent.
- Ability to prepare structural calculations and drawings
- Conversant with AutoCAD, Tekla and Autodesk REVIT, we will supplement any existing skills
- Applied approach to time management, be able to deliver multiple projects simultaneously and work either as part of a team or independently
- Previous involvement in liaising with colleagues and construction professionals throughout the design and construction process.
- Be flexible and able to adapt to challenges
- Offer leadership, mentoring and motivation to engineers
We are a unique business that recognises the importance of balance and how it not only benefits the employee but also the wider business. We encourage members of staff to get involved with company charity and sports events and believe that it is imperative to enjoy your career with us.
The salary is competitive within the industry and will reflect your experience and qualifications. In conjunction with your salary you will also receive the following benefits:
- 30 days annual leave including Bank Holidays, increasing with length of service
- Offices are closed over Christmas
- Pension scheme
- Bi-annual performance related bonus
- Flexible Pay scheme (ability to buy extra holidays)
- Death in Service scheme
- Income Protection scheme
- Spa Medical (medical service employee wellness program)
- Professional Membership (2 per year)
- Agile Working
- Free eye test vouchers
- Cycle to work
You will play a key role in our future development and expansion in a multi-disciplinary environment. For more information or to apply for the role please send your CV to our HR team on firstname.lastname@example.org.