Intermediate Mechanical Engineer
Are you an Intermediate Mechanical Engineer, on the look out for a next step in your career?
Clancy consulting is a well-respected multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy, that has been an organically growing owner-managed business for nearly 50 years. We have claimed numerous awards including ones for sustainability and more recently have been shortlisted for best UK business performance for medium-sized business. The culture at Clancy Consulting is built on our shared core values – Culture of Excellence, Respect for People and Honesty and Ethics.
Due to our ongoing success, we have a great opportunity for an experienced Mechanical Engineer to work with our team on a wide variety of challenging projects.
- HNC/HND/Degree or equivalent certified Mechanical Engineer.
- Impeccable knowledge of mechanical building services / HVAC design (i.e.. domestic water services, ventilation, heating, cooling, renewables & sustainability).
- Ability to visit sites, complete inspections, identify issues and solve problems.
- Ability to design within a Revit/BIM Environment.
- Understand the principles of BREEAM and LEED sustainability accreditation schemes.
- Previous involvement in reviewing Mechanical Design Constraints.
- Experience in budgeting, planning, forecasting and targeting of mechanical services scope of works.
- Demonstrable passion for working with Clients and fellow professionals.
- Ability to generate work while leading a team and providing team management.
- Knowledge of Health & Wellbeing design, including the Well Building and/or Fitwell Schemes.
- Knowledge of or a strong desire to understand Low Carbon Design principles.
- Offer leadership, mentoring and motivation to junior engineers.
- Previous involvement in liaising with colleagues and construction professionals throughout the design and construction process.
- Be flexible and able to adapt to challenges.
- Experience of Coding or Scripting of benefit but not essential.
- Passion and drive for Mechanical Engineering
- Passion for Sustainability and Low Carbon design.
- Excellent communication skills coupled with a personable and professional disposition
- Capable of dealing with a variety of issues
- Open to flexible ways of working including office based and working from home.
- Have an applied approach to time management, be able to deliver multiple projects simultaneously and work independently
- Organisational skills to assist with professional development and maintaining records in accordance with IMechE requirements.
We are a unique business that recognises the importance of balance and how it not only benefits the employee but also the wider business. We encourage members of staff to get involved with company, charity and sports events, and believe that it is imperative to enjoy your career.
The salary is competitive within the industry and will reflect your experience and qualifications. In conjunction with your salary you will also receive the following benefits:
- 30 days annual leave including Bank Holidays, increasing with length of service
- Offices are closed over Christmas
- Pension contribution
- Bi-annual performance related bonus
- Flexible pay scheme (ability to buy extra holidays)
- Death in service scheme
- Income protection scheme
- Spa Medical (medical service employee wellness program)
- Professional Membership (2 per year)
- Agile Working
- Free eye test vouchers
- Cycle to work Scheme
- Dress down Fridays
- Branded PPE
- Personal fleece and water bottle
You will play a key role in our future development and expansion in a multi-disciplinary environment. For more information or to apply for the role please send your CV to Jayne Sutton, HR Advisor at email@example.com