Graduate Civil Engineer (2+ years)
Are you an experienced Graduate Civil Engineer, on the lookout for a company to mentor and coach you towards Chartered status at the earliest opportunity?
Clancy Consulting is a well-respected multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy, that has been an organically growing owner-managed business for nearly 50 years. We have claimed numerous awards including ones for sustainability and more recently have been shortlisted for best UK business performance for medium-sized business. The culture at Clancy Consulting is built on our shared core values – Culture of Excellence, Respect for People and Honesty and Ethics.
Due to our ongoing success, we have a great opportunity for an experienced Graduate Civil Engineer to accompany our team on a wide variety of interesting and challenging projects.
You will be expected to work on a variety of projects assisting teams in the design and development of major infrastructure and highway schemes. Within this role you would work primarily on national, local, and subject to agreement, potentially international projects assisting our customer and regional teams in the design development of major development infrastructure and highway schemes. It is a vital requirement that you have worked collaboratively with colleagues’ clients and wider professional teams.
- Ideally 2+ years’ experience working on UK based projects.
- Experience of preparing design calculations and drawings.
- Have an applied approach to time management.
- Be able to deliver multiple projects simultaneously and work independently.
- Capable to visit sites, complete inspections, identify issues and solve problems.
- You will have a BEng / BSc or equivalent degree from an ICE accredited course.
- Registered as Graduate Member of the Institution of Civil Engineers.
- Experience and good capabilities with AutoCAD 2D Drafting required.
- Ability and knowledge of MS Office – Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point.
- Knowledge of PDS Site Developer / Civil 3D or similar Infrastructure design software.
- Knowledge of Flow / Micro-drainage or similar hydraulic design software, TEDDS, and other industry recognised software,
We will supplement any existing skills regarding specific design software identified above for the successful candidates.
- Passion and drive for Civil Engineering.
- Organisational skills to assist with professional development and maintaining records in accordance with ICE or IStructE requirements.
- Excellent communication skills coupled with a personable and professional disposition.
We are a unique business that recognises the importance of balance and how it not only benefits the employee but also the wider business. We encourage members of staff to get involved with company, charity, and sports events, and believe that it is imperative to enjoy your career.
The salary is competitive within the industry and will reflect your experience and qualifications. In conjunction with your salary, you will also receive the following benefits:
- 30 days annual leave including Bank Holidays, increasing with length of service.
- Offices are closed over Christmas.
- Pension contribution
- Bi-annual performance related bonus
- Flexible pay scheme (ability to buy extra holidays)
- Death in service scheme
- Income protection scheme
- Spa Medical (medical service employee wellness program)
- Professional Membership (2 per year)
- Agile Working
- Free eye test vouchers
- Cycle to work Scheme.
- Dress down Fridays.
- Branded PPE
- Personal fleece and water bottle
The successful candidates will play a key role in our future development and expansion in a multi-disciplinary environment. There will be Opportunities to work on significant projects, independently or with our teams and clients within our regional offices throughout the UK.
For more information or to apply for the role please send your CV to Jayne Sutton, HR Advisor at firstname.lastname@example.org