Experienced Graduate Structural Engineer
Are you an experienced Graduate Structural Engineer, on the lookout for a company to mentor and coach you towards Chartered status at the earliest opportunity?
Clancy Consulting is a well-respected multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy, that has been an organically growing owner-managed business for nearly 50 years. We have claimed numerous awards including ones for sustainability and more recently have been shortlisted for the Best UK Consultancy.
At Clancy, whether individually or collectively we are guided by our values. They are the driving force of our culture, and it is important that everyone who joins us, can relate to them. Our values are:
Culture of Excellence, Respect for People and Honesty and Ethics.
We believe that these values can lead to a flourishing working relationship, not only with our clients, but internally within the Clancy organisation.
Due to our ongoing success, we have a great opportunity for an Experienced Graduate Structural Engineer to accompany our team on a wide variety of interesting and challenging projects. You will have a large involvement in both new build and refurbishment projects, working from early planning to end delivery phase.
Role and Responsibilities
- Prepare design calculations and drawings under the supervision of a Senior Engineer.
- Produce hand drawn sketches.
- Support Senior Engineers in carrying out the project design from commencement to completion.
- Use knowledge of Masonry, Concrete, Steel and Timber, together with external works and drainage.
- Communicate effectively with team members, clients, and other construction professionals about projects.
- Attend meetings with clients and other construction professionals.
- Keep up to date with the CPD requirements within the IStructE/ICE.
- Work towards your chartership with the support of your mentor and colleagues regularly and systematically.
- Carry out thorough site investigations.
- Use UK and Euro Design codes.
- Follow instruction, but confident enough to ask for explanation if required.
- Show initiative and manage time effectively.
- AutoCAD, Tekla, and REVIT.
- BSc / B.Eng or equivalent degree from an ICE approved course.
We are a unique business that recognise the importance of balance and how it not only benefits the employee but also the wider business. We encourage members of staff to get involved with company, charity, and sports events, and believe that it is imperative to enjoy your career.
The salary is competitive within the industry and will reflect your experience and qualifications. You will also receive the following benefits:
- 30 days annual leave including Bank Holidays, increasing with length of service.
- Offices are closed over Christmas.
- Pension contribution.
- Bi-annual performance related bonus.
- Flexible pay scheme (ability to buy extra holidays).
- Death in service scheme.
- Income protection scheme.
- Spa Medical (medical service employee wellness program).
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- Mental Health First Aiders.
- Professional Membership (2 per year).
- Agile Working.
- Free eye test vouchers.
- Cycle to work Scheme.
- Dress down Fridays.
- Branded PPE.
- Personal fleece and water bottle.
You will play a key role in our future development and expansion in a multi-disciplinary environment. For more information or to apply for the role please send your CV and the completed application form (see below) to our HR team at firstname.lastname@example.org