Chartered Structural Engineer
Are you a Chartered Structural Engineer that has an impeccable track record in the delivery of quality designs for building structures?
Clancy consulting is a well-respected multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy, that has been an organically growing owner-managed business for nearly 50 years. We have claimed numerous awards including ones for sustainability and more recently have been shortlisted for best UK business performance for medium-sized business. The culture at Clancy Consulting is built on our shared core values – Culture of Excellence, Respect for People and Honesty and Ethics.
Due to our ongoing success, we have a great opportunity for a Chartered Engineer to work with our team on a wide variety of exciting challenging projects. You will have a large involvement in both new build and refurbishment projects, working from early planning to end delivery phase.
- Chartership with either Institution of Civil or Structural Engineering.
- Rounded experience in the design of new buildings [including using FEM software].
- Appraising and working on designs for existing building refurbishment / remodeling projects.
- Ideally UK experience.
- Ability to carry out Professional Development.
- Impeccable track record in the delivery of quality designs in a wide range of materials.
- Ability to prepare structural calculations and drawings.
- Conversant with AutoCAD, Tekla and Autodesk REVIT, we will supplement any existing skills.
- Applied approach to time management, be able to deliver multiple projects simultaneously and work independently.
- Previous involvement in liaising with colleagues and construction professionals throughout the design and construction process.
- Capable to visit sites, complete inspections, identify issues and solve problems.
- Be flexible and able to adapt to challenges.
- Offer leadership, mentoring and motivation to engineers.
- Passion and drive for Structural Engineering.
- Excellent communication skills coupled with a personable and professional disposition.
- Organisational skills to assist with professional development and maintaining records in accordance with ICE or IStructE requirements.
- Establish yourself as a key contact with other consultants and partners and to represent the company at design team meetings.
We are a unique business that recognises the importance of balance and how it not only benefits the employee but also the wider business. We encourage members of staff to get involved with company, charity and sports events, and believe that it is imperative to enjoy your career.
The salary is competitive within the industry and will reflect your experience and qualifications. In conjunction with your salary you will also receive the following benefits:
- 30 days annual leave including Bank Holidays, increasing with length of service.
- Offices are closed over Christmas period.
- Pension contribution.
- Bi-annual performance related bonus.
- Flexible pay scheme (ability to buy extra holidays).
- Death in service scheme.
- Income protection scheme.
- Spa Medical (medical service employee wellness program).
- Professional Membership (2 per year).
- Free eye test vouchers.
- Agile working.
- Cycle to work Scheme.
- Dress down Fridays.
- Branded PPE.
- Personal fleece and water bottle.
You will play a key role in our future development and expansion in a multi-disciplinary environment. For more information or to apply for the role please send your CV and the completed application form (see below) to our HR team at email@example.com