Associate Structural Engineer – Structural Survey Department
We are on the lookout for a new member to join our Structural Survey team as an Associate Structural Engineer – is this the next step you’ve been looking for? Do you want to build on your technical experience, develop your skills in Structural Surveying and Forensic Engineering, and develop into a management role?
Clancy Consulting is a well-respected multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy, that has been an organically growing owner-managed business for nearly 50 years. We have claimed numerous awards including ones for sustainability and more recently have been shortlisted for best UK business performance for medium-sized business. The culture at Clancy Consulting is built on our shared core values – Culture of Excellence, Respect for People and Honesty and Ethics.
Due to our ongoing success we have a great opportunity for an Associate Structural Engineer to join our team. You will be responsible for managing your own caseload of projects, as well as overseeing and coordinating large and complex surveys, while simultaneously supporting other Senior Team Members in the planning and management of resources.
You will also be required to take on work as Expert Witness, a role you are already be accustomed to or one you wish to develop into.
Knowledge and Experience
- BSc / B.Eng or equivalent degree from an ICE approved course.
- Chartership with either Institution of Civil or Structural Engineering.
- A proven track record in the delivery of quality designs in a wide range of materials.
- Confident in dealing with complex issues.
- Applied approach to time management, be able to deliver multiple projects simultaneously and work independently.
- Demonstrable passion for working with Clients and fellow professionals.
- Ability to generate work while leading a team and providing team management.
- Offer leadership, mentoring and motivation to engineers.
- Previous involvement in liaising with colleagues and construction professionals throughout the design and construction process.
- Be flexible and able to adapt to challenges.
- Experience, or an interest to develop, in the role of Expert Witness.
- Commercially aware, have input in technical and commercial bids, acquire work through networking, project manage and deliver projects to program and on budget.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills coupled with a personable and professional disposition.
- Establish yourself as a key contact with other consultants and partners.
- Experience with business development.
- Capable of dealing with a variety of issues, may need some supervision.
- Passion and drive for Structural Engineering.
We are a unique business that recognises the importance of work / life balance and how it not only benefits the employee but also the wider business. We encourage members of staff to get involved with company, charity, and sports events, and believe that it is imperative to enjoy your career.
The salary is competitive within the industry and will reflect your experience and qualifications. You will also receive the following benefits:
- 35 days annual leave including Bank Holidays, increasing with length of service
- Offices are closed over Christmas
- Pension contribution
- Bi-annual performance related bonus
- Flexible pay scheme (ability to buy extra holidays)
- Death in service scheme
- Income protection scheme
- Spa Medical (medical service employee wellness program)
- Professional Membership (2 per year)
- Agile Working
- Free eye test vouchers
- Cycle to work Scheme
You will play a key role in our future development and expansion in a multi-disciplinary environment. For more information or to apply for the role please send your CV to our HR team at firstname.lastname@example.org