Northwich Memorial Court Opens to the Public
Article posted on: 29th May 2015
Clancy Consulting provided Civil and Structural, Mechanical and Electrical and Low Carbon design services at Northwich Memorial Court. Residents favoured the name ‘Memorial Court’ for the new development after voting in a competition.
The project is a £12.5m Lifestyle Centre, and was funded by Cheshire West & Chester Borough Council alongside the Weaver Valley Partnership Board.
Work on site involved the demolition of two existing buildings and re-use of the material in new access roads, and the construction of a new build leisure complex. The centres facilities include a 25-metre 6-lane swimming pool with flume, learner pool with moveable floor, gym and health suite, dance studios, changing rooms, retail spaces, cafés and bars, community spaces, 500 seat multi-purpose theatre and conference venue.
The Memorial Court complex also includes a memorial garden that is home to the relocated memorial stones from Memorial Hall, which previously occupied the site along with the former Magistrates Court in the heart of the town.
This impressive building has included sustainable design at every possible stage of the project. The sustainable elements include:
• VRF heat pumps for heating and cooling
• Comprehensive BMS and lighting control system
• Maximum use of day lighting to the public street/atrium using clear solar control glazing
• Thermal modelling
• Principal requirement was to save 15% carbon emissions to meet planning requirements, a 25% reduction has been estimated using a fish oil waste product to generate electricity and heat on site.
• Low flow shower and tap fittings.
• Low air infiltration at 5m3 / m2 / hr @ 50 pa.
• Building zoning to reduce out of hours waste.
The centre officially opened to the public on Saturday 9th May 2015.
For more information about Northwich Memorial Court or any of our projects please contact email@example.com.