Our team provides a one-stop service to deliver geotechnical, land contamination and environmental appraisals to a wide variety of business sectors across the UK.
The team is able to provide services to support our engineering portfolio of work and to assist clients during the pre-acquisition, planning and design process.
Site investigations are designed to strike a balance between offering best value to our clients whilst also ensuring technical excellence and regulatory approval. All investigations are managed on-site by our experienced engineers working to current best practice, British and European standards.
We liaise closely with our Civil and Structural team who provide detailed design as required. As a multi-disciplinary consultancy, we can draw on a wide range of expertise to offer pragmatic value engineering solutions.
In addition to contaminated land risk assessments, we also carry out geotechnical investigations to assist with foundation, drainage, and highways design. We can undertake specific geotechnical testing which may include the assessment of soil properties for re-engineering purposes, earthworks specification, CBR and soakaway testing, shallow mining and ground stability assessments etc.
Our GeoEnvironmental department offers specialist advice in the following areas:
- Phase 1 Preliminary Risk Assessment (desk top study)
- Phase 2 Site Investigation
- Contaminated Land Risk Assessment
- Ground Gas Risk Assessment
- Mining & Subsidence Investigations
- Remediation Options Appraisal & Strategy
- Supervision & Verification of Site Remediation Works
- EIA Scoping and Screening Assessments
- Due diligence & Pre-Acquisition Assessment
- Noise Assessments
- Geotechnical Ground Investigations