This unique opportunity will provide a diverse range of technical, managerial and business development activity, which reflects the nature of our business, and which serves to challenge and reward our team members personally and professionally at all levels.
We are looking for an experienced Principal or Associate Transport Planner to join our infrastructure planning team (based at or reporting to Leeds or Norwich offices) to work on all aspects of traffic and transport planning, supporting our customers on a wide range of built environment developments across various sectors.
The successful candidate will be a confident and skilled Transportation Consultant, able to provide effective transport planning advice on exciting projects within sectors such as commercial, healthcare, retail, education and residential developments.
Your wide range of experience will include:
* Development planning * Masterplanning input and guidance * Traffic and accident data analysis * Section 278 works * Management of teams and project tasks * Proficiency in GIS, ARCADY, PICADY, LinSig and TEMPRO
The successful candidate will have worked alongside team members in other disciplines, providing effecting transport planning solutions with a focus on sustainable schemes which are at the forefront of the firm’s design.
The role will require excellent communication skills and involve the delivery of ongoing traffic and transportation services to our existing customers based throughout the UK. Along with your great technical ability you will bring with you an excellent customer focused approach, able to retain existing clients as well as win new business. There will also be close interaction with the existing UK based teams to assist the wider business in the promotion and development of our full range of infrastructure planning services to our existing and growing customer base.
Our customers present projects which range in value from smaller one-off commissions, through to those which are mixed use and delivered over many years and through various phases. The work is varied within most sectors of the Built Environment.
The remuneration package will reflect the experience and capabilities of the successful candidate and that the position is seen as a key role in continuing to develop and expand our multi-disciplinary consultancy services for our built environment customers.
- Deliver transport planning solutions, mentor and train other team members
- Assist in the preparation of transport assessments, transport feasibility studies and travel plans
- Traffic management and safety improvement works
- Liaison with local authorities regarding transport management aspects of development and planning applications
- Negotiations over planning contributions and section 106 commitments and contributions
- Liaison with Road Safety Auditors
- Required to liaise with customer teams and other professionals including architects and town planners, and hence must have good interpersonal and communication skills
- Focus on the preparation of junction capacity analysis, figures for reports, swept path assessment, analysis of data and drawings of transport improvements including junction designs
- Preparing reports on technical analysis and findings
- To comply with the company’s safety and IMS procedures
- Maintain and develop customer contact and future work opportunities
- Recruit and develop talented team members for and within the Clancy business.
We are proud to have been included in the Building Good Employer guide 2017.
We recognise that by having a diverse workforce we can benefit from a wide and knowledgeable team.
We believe our people are our greatest asset. We encourage and nurture them through their career. We also recognise that everyone will experience challenges in their lifetime and as a business we look to support our staff and manage each situation individually to ensure they receive the support and time needed.
Please send your CV with current salary to Jayne Sutton, HR Advisor at email@example.com or Clancy Consulting Ltd, Dunham Court, 2 Dunham Road, Altrincham, Cheshire WA14 4NX.