Structural Engineer Surveyor
We have a great opportunity for an enthusiastic Chartered, or near Chartered Structural engineer to join a team of like minded engineers.
The position offers an excellent long term career opportunity within a small vibrant team.
The planned expansion of the department has created an increasing workload from both long term and new clients, and means we are keen to recruit two experienced engineers to strengthen our existing team.
You will work independently but with the support of a team of experienced multi disciplinary engineers, be responsible for your own workload from start to finish, and encouraged to develop long term relationships with clients.
Your work will include inspection and assessment of a wide variety of existing buildings and structures, including historic buildings, defect diagnosis, and the Contract Administration of projects on site. You will also be involved with structural design of remedial schemes, as well as both refurbishment and new build projects.
- Have a recognised engineering degree and Chartership (or near) with the Institution of Civil or Structural Engineers
- Excellent track record in the delivery of quality designs in a wide range of materials
- Thorough understanding of how the structure and fabric of buildings are put together, what can go wrong and how they can be affected by previous alterations and change of use
- Experience of a wide range of structural and building defects
- Practice of preparing and presenting technically robust reports
- Be able to work independently and provide clear, concise, justified conclusions
- Have an applied approach to time management, be able to deliver multiple projects simultaneously and work independently
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills coupled with a personable and professional disposition
- Can establish yourself as a key contact with other consultants and partners and represent the company
- Commercially aware, have input in technical and commercial bids, acquire work through networking, project manage and deliver projects to program and on budget
- Demonstratable passion for working with Clients and fellow professionals
- Offer leadership, mentoring and motivation to engineers
- Be flexible and able to adapt to challenges
- Full UK driving license
- You will play a key role in our future development and expansion in a multi-disciplinary environment.
Clancy consulting is a well-respected multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy, that has been an organically growing owner-managed business for nearly 50 years. We have claimed numerous awards including ones for sustainability and more recently have been shortlisted for best UK business performance for medium-sized business.
We are a unique business that recognises the importance of work / life balance and how it benefits not only the employee but also the wider business. We encourage members of staff to get involved with company, charity and sports events, and believe that it is imperative to enjoy your career with us.
The salary is competitive within the industry and will reflect your experience and qualifications. In conjunction with your salary you will also receive the following benefits:
- Competitive annual holiday entitlement
- Office closure over Christmas period
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Flexible pay scheme
- Death in service scheme
- Income protection scheme
- Cycle to work Scheme
For more information or to apply for the role please send your CV to Jayne Sutton, HR Advisor at email@example.com