Senior Civil Engineer
For this role we are seeking a self-driven and confident individual with the ability to lead our Infrastructure team in Leeds working with our regional and national customers and our in-house teams of engineers on projects across the UK and in various sectors of the Built Environment.
Having the ability to influence development and infrastructure master-planning using knowledge of Highways Act 1980, Water industry Act 2004, Land Drainage Act, New Roads and Street works Act, and other statutory Instruments will be required.
Leading teams to assist with consultancy guidance, feasibility, outline, and detailed design referencing manual for streets, sewer for adoption, design manual for roads and bridges, specification for highways works and building regulations guidance will for part of the everyday demands.
Production of designs for feasibility, costing and construction purposes, highways & drainage, street works, public realm, SUDS, building drainage, utilities coordination/diversion will all feature as services required by our customers.
You would also be experienced in the use of AutoCAD, PDS Site Developer / Civil 3D, XP Solutions suite, Micro-drainage, MS Project or similar, TEDDS, and other industry recognised software.
Within this role you would work primarily on national, local, and subject to agreement, potentially international projects assisting our customer and regional teams in the design development of major development infrastructure and highway schemes.
- Undertaking production and approval of single and multi-discipline fee proposals for customer projects in accordance with Clancy Consulting procedures, terms and conditions or customer specific contracts requirements.
- Undertaking assessment of variations and appraisal of fee cost or timescale impacts and agreement with customer organisations.
- Management and monitoring of engineering teams to ensure utilisation and recovery targets are monitored and achieved
- Assist in the recruitment, retention and management of staff and ensure successful outcomes for our customers.
- Financial control of projects when acting as a project manager
We are proud to have been included in the Building Good Employer guide 2017.
We recognise that by having a diverse workforce we can benefit from a wide and knowledgeable team.
We believe our people are our greatest asset. We encourage and nurture them through their career. We also recognise that everyone will experience challenges in their lifetime and as a business we look to support our staff and manage each situation individually to ensure they receive the support and time needed.
Please send your CV with current salary to Jayne Sutton, HR Advisor at firstname.lastname@example.org or Clancy Consulting Ltd, Dunham Court, 2 Dunham Road, Altrincham, Cheshire, WA14 4NX