Infrastructure Civil Apprentice Technician
The role will involve the assistance of Engineers in the preparation of drawings and designs as well as the management and control of documents and projects
These projects could be in different sectors including: commercial (offices), retail (shopping centres), residential (apartments, houses) and leisure (swimming pools, theatres, etc) incorporating both building structures and civil engineering (roads, drainage and earthworks).
You will have some opportunity to learn how to use different computer software packages including Autocad, PDS, Micro drainage and other engineering design software.
We are currently involved in a large number of projects ranging from small scale refurbishment through to multi-million pound developments and the role will include involvement on the full range of projects in the office.
You will be working Monday to Friday with one day attending College during term time to study a BTEC Level 3 in Civil Engineering. You will be assigned a mentor who will work and liaise closely with in your day-to-day work.
- Assist with the day to day operations of the Infrastructure team
- Actively monitor system performance to proactively identify issues before they impact business functions
- Develop disaster recovery and system availability across the business
- Manage projects allocated taking responsibility for planning, implementation, reporting and handover activities
- Responsible for security across all systems
For the BTEC Level 3, you will need a total of 5 GCSEs at grade (A*-C) or (9-4) which includes:
- GCSE grade (A*-C) or (4-9) in English
- GCSE grade (A*-C) or (4-9) in Science
- GCSE grade (A*-B) or (5-9) in Maths
We are proud to have been included in the Building Good Employer guide 2017.
We recognise that by having a diverse workforce we can benefit from a wide and knowledgeable team.
We believe our people are our greatest asset. We encourage and nurture them through their career. We also recognise that everyone will experience challenges in their lifetime and as a business we look to support our staff and manage each situation individually to ensure they receive the support and time needed.
Please send your CV to Jayne Sutton, HR Advisor at email@example.com or Clancy Consulting Ltd, Dunham Court, 2 Dunham Road, Altrincham, Cheshire, WA14 4NX
Closing date for applications is 31st March.