Graduate Structural Engineer
Are you an experienced Graduate Structural Engineer, on the lookout for a company to mentor and coach you towards Chartered status at the earliest opportunity?
Clancy Consulting is a well-respected multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy, that has been an organically growing owner-managed business for nearly 50 years. We have claimed numerous awards including ones for sustainability and more recently have been shortlisted for best UK business performance for medium-sized business.
Key Role and Responsibilities
Due to our ongoing success, we have a great opportunity for an experienced Graduate Civil Engineer to accompany our team on a wide variety of interesting and challenging projects.
You will be responsible for liaising with clients and other construction professionals throughout the design and construction process, while simultaneously working closely with the team. An important part of your role will be mentoring and supervising Technicians and supporting senior engineers carrying out the project design.
- Ideally 3 years’ experience working on UK based projects.
- You will have a BSc / B.Eng or equivalent degree from an ICE approved course
- Registered as Graduate Member of the Institution of Civil or Structural Engineers
- Must be conversant with AutoCAD, REVIT and WinDes, we will supplement any existing skills
- Practice of preparing design calculations and drawings
- Have an applied approach to time management, be able to deliver multiple projects simultaneously and work independently
- Organisational skills to assist with professional development and maintaining records in accordance with ICE or IStructE requirements.
- Experience in project design from inception to completion
- Good knowledge of preparing structural design calculations
- It is essential you have a sound knowledge of masonry, concrete, steel and timber design
- You must be familiar with UK and Euro design codes is expected
- Experience of Tekla structural designer and Revit is desirable but not essential
- Passion and drive for Civil Engineering
- Excellent communication skills coupled with a personable and professional disposition
- Capable of dealing with a variety of issues, may need some supervision
We are a unique business that recognises the importance of balance and how it not only benefits the employee but also the wider business. We encourage members of staff to get involved with company, charity and sports events, and believe that it is imperative to enjoy your career.
The salary is competitive within the industry and will reflect your experience and qualifications. In conjunction with your salary you will also receive the following benefits:
- 21 days annual leave + Bank Holidays
- Office Closure over Christmas Period
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Flexible pay scheme
- Death in service scheme
- Income protection scheme
- Cycle to work Scheme
- Branded PPE
- Personal fleece and water bottle
You will play a key role in our future development and expansion in a multi-disciplinary environment. For more information or to apply for the role please send your CV to Jayne Sutton, HR Advisor at firstname.lastname@example.org