Associate Structural Engineer
We are on the lookout for a new member to join our Altrincham team as an Associate Structural Engineer – is this the next step you’ve been looking for? Do you want to build on your technical experience and develop into a management role?
Clancy Consulting is a well-respected multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy, that has been an organically growing owner-managed business for nearly 50 years. We have claimed numerous awards including ones for sustainability and more recently have been shortlisted for best UK business performance for medium-sized business.
Due to our ongoing success we have a great opportunity for an Associate Structural engineer to join our team. You will have a large involvement in both new build and refurbishment projects, working from early planning to end delivery phase.
You must be an ambitious, experienced chartered engineer capable of managing projects through to financial close. It is imperative to have experience with business development and have a good client base in the Manchester area.
- Have a recognised engineering degree and Chartership with either Institution of Civil or Structural Engineering
- Impeccable track record in the delivery of quality designs in a wide range of materials
- Have an applied approach to time management, be able to deliver multiple projects simultaneously and work independently
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills coupled with a personable and professional disposition
- Can establish yourself as a key contact with other consultants and partners and to represent the company at design team meetings.
- Commercially aware, have input in technical and commercial bids, acquire work through networking, project manage and deliver projects to program and on budget.
- Passion for working with Clients and fellow professionals
- Ability to generate work while leading a team and providing team management
- Offer leadership, mentoring and motivation to engineers
- Previous involvement in liaising with colleagues and construction professionals throughout the design and construction process.
- Be flexible and able to adapt to adapt to challenges
We are a unique business that recognises the importance of balance and how it not only benefits the employee but also the wider business. We encourage members of staff to get involved with company, charity and sports events, and believe that it is imperative to enjoy your career.
The salary is competitive within the industry and will reflect your experience and qualifications. You will also receive the following benefits:
- 35 days annual leave including Bank Holidays, increasing with length of service
- Offices are closed over Christmas period
- Pension contribution
- Bi-annual performance related bonus
- Flexible pay scheme (ability to buy extra holidays)
- Death in service scheme
- Income protection scheme
- Spa Medical (medical service employee wellness program)
- Professional Membership (2 per year)
- Free eye test vouchers
- Cycle to work Scheme
- Dress down Fridays
- Branded PPE
- Personal fleece and water bottle
You will play a key role in our future development and expansion in a multi-disciplinary environment. For more information or to apply for the role please send your CV to Jayne Sutton, HR Advisor at firstname.lastname@example.org