Building Services Technician Apprentice
As a Building Services Technician Apprentice you will work with a team of engineers and other professionals in the construction industry to design various installations found in buildings.
These typically include systems such as heating, ventilation, air conditioning, drainage, lighting, power, controls and lifts, to service buildings, which meet the environmental needs of the people that use them.
The buildings take on many forms from newly built facilities to the refurbishment of historic premises for every sector of industry such as defence, health, finance, education, research, etc.
You will be working Monday to Friday with one day attending College during term time to study a BTEC Level 3.
- Preparation of simple calculations
- General sizing calculations
- Production of manual and CAD (Computer Aided Design) drawings
- Site visits (after obtaining a site safety CSCS card).
- Site surveys
- Contributing to providing solutions to design problems
- Ensuring designs meet required standards following our Integrated Management System
- Keeping your training log up to date and attending training/CPDs where appropriate
- Supporting the administration of projects
For the BTEC Level 3, you will need a total of 5 GCSEs at grade (A*-C) or (9-4) which includes:
- GCSE grade (A*-C) or (4-9) in English
- GCSE grade (A*-C) or (4-9) in Science
- GCSE grade (A*-B) or (5-9) in Maths
We are proud to have been included in the Building Good Employer guide 2017.
We recognise that by having a diverse workforce we can benefit from a wide and knowledgeable team.
We believe our people are our greatest asset. We encourage and nurture them through their career. We also recognise that everyone will experience challenges in their lifetime and as a business we look to support our staff and manage each situation individually to ensure they receive the support and time needed.
Please send your CV to Jayne Sutton, HR Advisor at email@example.com or Clancy Consulting Ltd, Dunham Court, 2 Dunham Road, Altrincham, Cheshire, WA14 4NX